4845 California St. #4, San Francisco CA USA 94118
Unreal 3 Editor, Matinee, Kismet. Unrealscript, C++, Java. Autodesk Maya, 3DS Max.
Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator. bug tracking, source control.
FileMaker Pro, Mac OS X, Windows.
- Collaborating with wide a range of personalities, incorporating feedback and criticism.
- Familiar with 2D and 3D animation, graphic design, storyboarding, asset management, Adobe Flash, ActionScript.
Chico State Game Studios (Jan 2010 - Jun 2010)
Level Design Lead, Scripter, Game Designer
- Designing and implementing final level prototype under tight deadline with minimal supervision.
- Leading five level designers: teaching best practices, critiquing levels.
- Scripting core gameplay prototypes, puzzles, traps using Kismet and Matinee.
- Maintaining technical and design documentation on project wiki.
- Working with Lead Designer to brainstorm, test, and iterate gameplay mechanics.
- Working closely with Director, Leads, and Art Director to predict and address asset pipeline issues.
Chico State Game Studios (Jul 2008 - Dec 2009)
Level Design Lead, Scripter, Game Designer, Asset Manager
- Designing, scripting, lighting, and testing 3D levels.
- Leading four level designers: teaching best practices, critiquing levels.
- Scripting puzzles and environmental features using Kismet and Matinee.
- Working on a six person creative team to establish backstory, characters, quests, themes, and UI design.
- Writing and design documentation: dialogue, flavor text, level flow.
- Working closely with Director, Leads, and Art Director to improve the asset pipeline.
Academic Project, CSU Chico (Dec 2007 - May 2007)
Game Designer, Programmer
- Working in a team of four to brainstorm, prototype, and implement a networked, multiplayer game in 15
weeks. Met all milestones while iterating based on playtest feedback.
- Working in the team to design, playtest, and iterate a paper prototype before electronic implementation.
- Implementing UI elements and particle effects in C++ using Haaf’s Game Engine.
GDC San Francisco (Annual 2007 - 2010)
GDC Conference Associate
- Selected to assist attendees and help facilitate events at the Game Developers Conference.
CSU Chico (Feb 2006 - Mar 2008, Mar 2009 - Jun 2010)
Database Designer, Data Entry, Clerical Duties
- Soliciting requirements, designing, and maintaining complex relational databases in FileMaker Pro.
- Researching new technologies to reduce overhead costs and training non-technical users.
- Providing service and assistance, including technical support, to academic professionals and the public.
(Fall 2003 - Spring 2010)
Cumulative GPA: 3.88
- Summa Cum Laude
- Honors in General Ed.
Bachelor of Science, Applied Computer Graphics
California State University Chico (Chico, California)
- Minors: Communication Design, Japanese
- Two semesters abroad at Chukyo University in Nagoya, Japan.